Podiatric and Orthopedic Pathology Lab Services
Effective podiatric and orthopedic treatments are based on accurate diagnosis. To correctly identify the complex conditions affecting the feet, toenails, skin, and bones, physicians rely on advanced testing methods for precise results. Access the testing your practice or organization requires with TOPLAB®, a full-service podiatric and orthopedic pathology lab located in New Jersey and serving clients in NY, NJ, and across the country. Our expert technicians and advanced tools deliver accurate results at speeds that surpass larger labs.
What Are Orthopedic and Podiatric Pathology?
Most podiatrists and orthopedic specialists rely on physical exams and imaging to guide treatment. Surgical pathology testing provides additional details that may not be visible to the naked eye, helping physicians address conditions such as:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Degenerative bone diseases
- Melanoma, osteosarcoma, and other cancers
- Inflammatory diseases
- Paget’s disease of the bone
- Genetic orthopedic disorders
- Autoimmune disorders
- And more
Beyond direct diagnosis, podiatric and orthopedic pathology lab testing can be ordered to confirm the success or failure of a surgical procedure. Physicians also rely on our services to assess changes in genetic material that may indicate the presence of cancer or to simply learn more about a tissue sample.
Podiatric and Orthopedic Pathology Testing Options
In general, surgical pathology testing for podiatric and orthopedic conditions requires a tissue sample, such as skin, nails, or bone. Once a sample has been collected, you may bring it directly to our full-service laboratory or send it to us via mail. Upon receipt, we’ll perform one or more of the following tests:
- Nails: Assessing a toenail sample can help identify a fungal or bacterial infection.
- Bunions and hammertoes: Surgical pathology testing can help identify the cause of bunions and hammertoes, as well as how to effectively treat them.
- Arthroscopic biopsies: A tissue sample is acquired by inserting a needle guided by a tiny camera into a joint through several small incisions.
- Curetting: Tissue is scraped from an affected area and examined.
- Bone biopsies and cultures: A small sample of bone tissue is collected and prepared for analysis.
At TOPLAB®, our technicians use a three-part process to examine samples. Our standard levels of review include:
- Tissue undergoes a visual inspection to gain information visible to the naked eye.
- Samples are viewed under a cutting-edge microscope for a more detailed inspection.
- Histopathology testing is used to perform a molecular analysis.
Upon completion of this thorough review, healthcare providers can choose to receive results via our secure online portal or by mail. All results are provided as soon as testing is complete.
Why Choose TOPLAB®?
When trusted orthopedic and podiatric pathology testing is needed, TOPLAB® exceeds expectations for speed, accuracy, and convenience. As a small, full-service lab, we don’t rely on complicated waiting lists and we test your samples the same day they’re received.
With a team of highly experienced technicians and the latest in diagnostic testing equipment, we’re able to provide extremely accurate results in less time. What’s more, we make it easy to order testing and receive results, saving you time and effort that’s better spent caring for patients.
Order Podiatric and Orthopedic Pathology Tests Today
When you need precise testing on a tight schedule, turn to TOPLAB®. Contact us to order orthopedic and podiatric pathology lab testing or learn more about our other clinical lab services. For additional information about drug screening, COVID-19 testing, and other services or to become a TOPLAB® partner, call (800) 941-7597 to speak with a representative.
24/7 Concierge Lab Testing Services
- We bring COVID-19 testing to your business.
- Corporate Plan Available
- Our lab services enable to provide group testing for your employees, staff, guests or clients.
- COVID-19 Concierge Testing Services for events, exhibitions, conferences, parties, wedding arrangements and more.
Empowering Healthcare Professionals
Our lab services enable healthcare professionals and businesses to accurately test patients and employees
In an ever-changing industry, TOPLAB® knows the importance of trust. We build long quality relationships with our clients to ensure comfort and trust
With state-of-the-art testing facilities, TOPLAB® provides accurate results to our clients
Reliable lab data is crucial for making important decisions for patients and employees
Results matter, that’s why TOPLAB® delivers results quickly and efficiently