Components: Adenovirus, Bordetella Pertussis, Chlamydophila Pneumonia, Coronavirus 229E, Coronavirus HKU1, Coronavirus NL63, Cornoavirus OC43, Human Metapneumovirus, Human Rhinovirus/Enterovirus, Influenza A, Influenza B, Mycoplasma Pneumoniae, Parainfluenza Virus 1, Parainfluenza Virus 2, Parainfluenza Virus 3, Parainfluenza Virus 4, Respiratory Syncytial Virus, Bordetella Parapetussis (IS1001), COVID 19
UTM Transport tube with swab
1. Source of specimen is required, please include on requisition.
2. Specimens should be collected early in the acute phase of infection. The chance of viral recovery is best during the first 3 days after onset and is greatly reduced beyond 5 days with many viruses. 3. Submit 8 acetone-fixed slides or specimens in viral transport media. These specimens are from respiratory sources such as nasal swab or washings.
4. Unacceptable specimens: Wooden swabs, dry swabs, and calcium alginate.
5. Specimens received at Specialty more than 72 hours from time of draw must be frozen at -70C (not -20C) or on dry ice. Do not freeze at -20 C. Virus loses infectivity.
6. Ship specimens on cold pack or on dry ice.
7. Specialty provides M4 transport media (M4) and dacron-tipped swabs with plastic or fine-wire shafts available for use with M4.
Performing Site: TOPLAB